The REAL Secret To Making $1000+ Month Online...Many Are Doing It, And They Are No Better Than You Click Here! - Discover How 48 Year Old Woman Lost 70 lbs QUICKLY Click Here!
Username: Password:
Enhance Feminine Curves NATURALLY Click Here

47 Year Old Woman Tells How To Lose Weight, Get FLAT STOMACH And Keep Your Curves - Click Here!
Tweet Topic
Follow LovinMySistas on Twitter

GET CASH, SEXY BODY, HEALTH AND MEN! - Get Your Sexy Back go to http://dawnali.com

Subscribe to my 2 Youtube Channels So You Don't Miss My New Videos

Author Topic: The Twerking Team - Black Girls/Women Twerking On Youtube - Twerk Culture  (Read 20428 times)

Offline Dawn

• DawnAli.com aka Lovin My Sistas
  • Administrator
    • Get Your Sexy Back Body Mind And Spirit by Dawn Ali

Related Topic  http://www.dawnali.com/lovinmysistas/index.php?topic=1201.0      - booty dancing topic

we've talked about booty dancing a lot on this site.  we talked about it originating in africa, and talked about it as an art and cultural dancing, like belling dancing.  we also talked about how booty dancing seems to get a bad rap.

well, tonight i mentioned to my 16 year old daughter about how i was thinking of some topics for this site, and she said why not talking about twerking and how it objectifies black females.  i had heard of twerking, and knew it related to dancing, but i didn't realize it's booty dancing.  however, it seems to be a little different than cultural african booty dancing.  both are very sexy, but twerking SEEMS to cross the line into be more like "str*p club" dancing.

i asked my daughter to tell me what she thought of twerking and she said her opinion of it is that she believes black girls believe they need to do this to be accepted by boys/men.  like this is a way to get attention...like feeling this is the only way they can get boys/men (of all races, including black) to pay attention to them.  she mentioned that youtube is filled with twerking videos.  what came to my mind is that twerking is now becoming a "'culture" or away of life for many black girls and women.

-   twerk video

i asked my daughter if she saw other races of girls dancing like this on youtube and she said, yes, similar, not exactly the same, but very similar (most other races don't seem to do it as well as black girls, although they try).  she also that the boys think the black girls look sleazy and the other races of women in most cases look sexy, even though the dances are similar.

so i have two questions, is this dangerous to the future of black women and girls and what makes the black girls look more slutty in the eyes of the boys even when doing the same or similar things?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:34:52 AM by Dawn »

Women Are Beautiful - Women Empowerment

Get MONEY, Men, Health, Sexy Body And Happiness! Click Here!

BlackSocialNetwork.com Click Here! Larger Booty & Breasts Naturally Click Here!

Like Us On Facebook!

Tweet Topic
Subscribe to my 2 youtube channels so you don't miss my new videos

Offline Chocolatesmoothie

• Global Moderator
that video actually wasn't that bad compared to the ones i'e seen. i think the ones where the women are twerking and the men are behind them grinding up against them all bent over are degrading as hell. that one wasn't that bad, they all seemed to be adults, they were fully clothed...i've seen worse. I think its destructive when it done in a demeaning sense, like with the guy behind and pushing into the woman, forcing here down. I also twerking should be something that is reserved for adults. I also think if people are gonna twerk, they should put something more into twerking than just booty shaking, put some turns, some jumps or some other creative stuff in there, they don't need to be booty shaking the whole time and when all they do is booty shake that is when some people get offended...

in terms of it being trashy when bw do it and sexy when other women do it...it's very true. we all know how it goes, due to the history of bw always being viewed as over-sexed jezebels anything we do is trashy, but cute when its on another woman. we wear  sleeveless, tank top its trashy cuz we're showing our arms. another woman does it and its classy and cute. we know how it goes...i mean just use common sense you know when ur being degraded and when you're just having fun, the women in the video seemed to just be having fun and there was no nudity, no men humping them...

also people will criticize bw for doing this but what about girls gone wild??? atleast twerking involves actual skill, its not just exposing urself...
http://dawnali.com/celebritygossip

http://increasetraffic.co/

Please Like the lovinmysistas  page! We're on facebook now! :)

"You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are."
Maya Angelou

"the ancestor and the womb, they all the same." - daughters of the dust

Like Us On Facebook!

Tweet Topic

Offline Dawn

• Administrator
    • Get Your Sexy Back Body Mind And Spirit by Dawn Ali
that video actually wasn't that bad compared to the ones i'e seen. i think the ones where the women are twerking and the men are behind them grinding up against them all bent over are degrading as hell. that one wasn't that bad, they all seemed to be adults, they were fully clothed...i've seen worse. I think its destructive when it done in a demeaning sense, like with the guy behind and pushing into the woman, forcing here down. I also twerking should be something that is reserved for adults. I also think if people are gonna twerk, they should put something more into twerking than just booty shaking, put some turns, some jumps or some other creative stuff in there, they don't need to be booty shaking the whole time and when all they do is booty shake that is when some people get offended...

in terms of it being trashy when bw do it and sexy when other women do it...it's very true. we all know how it goes, due to the history of bw always being viewed as over-sexed jezebels anything we do is trashy, but cute when its on another woman. we wear  sleeveless, tank top its trashy cuz we're showing our arms. another woman does it and its classy and cute. we know how it goes...i mean just use common sense you know when ur being degraded and when you're just having fun, the women in the video seemed to just be having fun and there was no nudity, no men humping them...

also people will criticize bw for doing this but what about girls gone wild??? atleast twerking involves actual skill, its not just exposing urself...

response to words in red - she talked about that too.

Like Us On Facebook!

Tweet Topic

• Global Moderator
what do u think Dawn...i could be totally wrong, i see twerking all the time so to me that video doesn't look bad, what do u think of it?

"You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are."
Maya Angelou

Like Us On Facebook!

Tweet Topic

• Global Moderator

Maya Angelou

Like Us On Facebook!

Tweet Topic

Advertise - Click Here

Get Your Sexy Back Body Mind And Spirit - Click Here

Like Us On Facebook!

Subscribe To My 2 Youtube Channels To Not Miss My New Videos

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------