The REAL Secret To Making $1000+ Month Online...Many Are Doing It, And They Are No Better Than You Click Here! - Discover How 48 Year Old Woman Lost 70 lbs QUICKLY Click Here!
Username: Password:
Enhance Feminine Curves NATURALLY Click Here

47 Year Old Woman Tells How To Lose Weight, Get FLAT STOMACH And Keep Your Curves - Click Here!
Tweet Topic
Follow LovinMySistas on Twitter

GET CASH, SEXY BODY, HEALTH AND MEN! - Get Your Sexy Back go to http://dawnali.com

Subscribe to my 2 Youtube Channels So You Don't Miss My New Videos

Author Topic: Anyone Can Have Black Babies, but only White Woman Can Give White Offspring?  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Chocolatesmoothie

• Global Moderator
Anyone Can Have Black Babies, but only White Woman Can Give White Offspring?

We're all familiar with the One Drop rule, it has it's roots in history, slavery and power. But, some argue that aesthetically ,it makes sense because most of the time children from a black parent and white parent will resemble the Black parent more so than the white parent, so it makes sense that white women can have "black babies," but Black mother can't have "white babies." Is it just about looks though, or is it something else? What about the Biracial children who truly look like they're in between, such as Alicia Keys, who would be considered, in some countries, "white." But, in the US is considered "Black."

Read the article, post your thoughts.

This is a blog post from Stuff White People Do

Did you ever notice that white women can give birth to "black" babies, but black women can't give birth to "white" ones?

If a white woman gives birth to a baby that looks more or less black because the father was black, most people today still say the baby is black. But if a black woman gives birth to a baby whose father was white, that baby also becomes a black person, whether the baby looks black or could pass for white.

In 1996, James McBride published a popular book called The Color of Water: A Black Man's Tribute to His White Mother. Why is it that a white person could never write a tribute to his or her black mother?

Presumably it's still the case, then, that if a "Black" woman in Europe had a child through normal reproductive methods whose father was "White," the child would be considered "Black," and if a "White" woman had a child with a "Black" man that way, that child would also be considered "Black."

This racial conundrum also determines how we label and perceive our president, Barack Obama.

Obama's mother is white, but we usually consider him black, especially because he looks black. But if his mother were black and his father white, we would still consider him a "black man," whether he looked black or white. We perceive our leader through the lens of this double standard because it's still the case that white women can have "black" babies, but black women can't have "white" ones.

source

http://dawnali.com/celebritygossip

http://increasetraffic.co/

Please Like the lovinmysistas  page! We're on facebook now! :)

"You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are."
Maya Angelou

"the ancestor and the womb, they all the same." - daughters of the dust

Women Are Beautiful - Women Empowerment

Get MONEY, Men, Health, Sexy Body And Happiness! Click Here!

BlackSocialNetwork.com Click Here! Larger Booty & Breasts Naturally Click Here!

Like Us On Facebook!

Tweet Topic
Subscribe to my 2 youtube channels so you don't miss my new videos

Offline Chocolatesmoothie

• Global Moderator

Related Topic: Beautiful Women Pictures 
http://dawnali.com/celebritygossip

http://increasetraffic.co/

Please Like the lovinmysistas  page! We're on facebook now! :)

"You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are."
Maya Angelou

"the ancestor and the womb, they all the same." - daughters of the dust

Like Us On Facebook!

Tweet Topic

Offline joeclyde

Giving the eye test.  The offspring of most Black IR couples look Black.  Unless you carry a sign that says mixed with you.  Most people couldn't tell.

There is a social hierarchy.  With Whites being on top and Blacks being on the bottom.  So I'm not sure how hard White people are going to fight.  To have these mixed kids.  To be labeled as White.  Then it would lessen the power of having White skin.  Now if they want to fight to label themselves as other.  That is perfectly fine.  As long as that other is still lower than White.

Does having a "Black" child affect the marriage rate of WM and BW.  Possible.  But I think you would have to ask White men.  Their opinion about having a child that isn't "white".

But for Black men.  Believing that any woman you are with.  You will have a Black child.  That does lessen.  The perceived "betrayal".  That you are doing to the Black community.

Like Us On Facebook!

Tweet Topic

Offline TeaTree1

• Global Moderator
  • Resident Man Hater/ Celebrity Makeup Artist
As for the title, I think it depends.  I do think most B/W IR children have that "mixed" look or they look light-skinned black.  BUT, I know of a black woman who married and had kids with a white man long time ago and her first child looks totally white and always has.  You would not know that one of her parents is black just by looking at her.  In that case, i think a black person can birth a white child---at least based on appearances.

Like Us On Facebook!

Tweet Topic

Offline joeclyde

Meghan Markle plays on the USA Network TV show "Suits"

She is biracial with a black mother and a Dutch-Irish father.  I wouldn't necessarily say.  That she could pass for White but definitely is racially ambiguous.

Like Us On Facebook!

Tweet Topic

Advertise - Click Here

Get Your Sexy Back Body Mind And Spirit - Click Here

Like Us On Facebook!

Subscribe To My 2 Youtube Channels To Not Miss My New Videos

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------